Manager, Portfolio Strategy and Analytics
- Reference ID: Med002
- Type: Permanent
As a member of Medefil Inc, you will be part of an exciting new growth strategy for a specialty pharmaceutical business by building the future drug pipeline for commercialization.
Marketing responsibilities include portfolio strategy, molecule selection; identification and evaluation of differentiated product opportunities, market analytics, go to market strategy, business case development; and working closely with R&D to drive new molecule development. Seeking talented individual with strong pharmaceutical background, analytical mindset and expertise in generic injectables.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Drive portfolio growth strategy and execution by identifying molecules, developing go to market strategy, driving new product development and monitoring financial goals.
- Understand injectable market dynamics and uncover unmet customer needs.
- Facilitate management and execution of qualitative and quantitative research projects that effectively deliver innovative customer and market –based input on new product opportunities for pipeline and for tactical business.
- Monitor and evaluate competitive intelligence to proactively identify opportunities, keep a pulse on pricing dynamics and help mitigate threats to existing portfolio and pipeline.
- Collaborate with finance to develop business cases and financial models to facilitate business decisions on new product development for portfolio expansion efforts.
- Influence the product development cycle working closely with R&D, quality, regulatory, and sales by analyzing key data and criteria. Use outputs to drive strategic approaches and support the development of Target Product Profiles.
- Provide analytical support for portfolio prioritization.
- Create forecasting and projection models for existing drug pipeline and new opportunity evaluations.
- Design and manage portfolio pipeline database that indicates key launch timelines and financials; and track progress against goals.
- Monitor ‘on market’ products versus financial goals to identify opportunities and/or threats.
- Support annual budgeting process for the department.
- Leadership skills, including collaboration and ability to influence without authority.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to effectively interact with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Strong strategic thinking, decision making, and problem solving abilities.
- Proven analytical skill set with demonstrated attention to detail, strong understanding of how investment decisions are made in pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to deal with constant change and a fast pace environment, ability to manage through complex and highly interdependent issues.
- Strong communication skills; oral and presentation.
- Experience with Software Platforms: IBM Watson (TM1), MicroStrategy (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik), Survey Monkey, SQL Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint), Adobe CS (InDesign & Photoshop) & Excel PH Stat
- Knowledge of Industry Data Sources: IQVIA, Data Monitor, Statista, DTW CD Promo, Medi-Span, Thomson One, Pharmsource, AHA, Bloomberg Terminal, Symphony Health and various industry & government sources
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science/technology, pharmacy, finance, or marketing required. Pharmacy degree, MBA or MA preferred.
- Requires 6 plus years of business experience in market research, competitive intelligence, strategic planning, product management or marketing role within pharmaceutical industry; preferably supporting an injectable business.